Happy Friday! This week’s five focuses on Minneapolis/St. Paul, and my five top picks for a visit …..
1. Victory Charming store full of antiques, and gifts. It isalways closed when I visit, making me crazy to get inside!
2. Punch Pizza Neapolitan-style pizza. Enough said.
3. Tank Goodness Chocolate-chip cookies that are soooo good – delivered in a Mini Cooper. And now they have cinnamon rolls, too!
4. LunaLux Letterpress studio and store. You never can have enough stationery …..
5. Tangletown Gardens Huge selection of gorgeous plants, and wonderful gifts inside. Plus, they carry a peony that I want desperately, so that alone makes it worth a visit.
Did you notice, not a chain-store listed? The soul hasn’t been sucked out of the Twin Cities yet. Add that to plentiful parking, little traffic (yes, I know Minneapolitans think there is traffic – there isn’t) and people outdoors, everywhere, enjoying the seasons and the plentiful lakes, and you have a wonderful city to visit (or live in).
Enjoy the holiday weekend! I’ll be back on Wednesday.
ps Today’s NYTimes features 36 hours in Boston’s South End – I’m so elated that the South End Buttery made their list! Yippee!