Without fail, I spend the month of August compiling a school supplies wish list. Something about a crisp notebook, pencil and eraser just resonates with me at this time of year, even though it’s been ages since I went “back to school”. Here are some of my 2011 finds. Perhaps you’ll be tempted to restock, too.
- Monocle’s Stationery Notebooks: muted colors that scream adult. (but not too loudly)
- Moleskine Roller Pen: love the understated square design, and that it easily clips to your notebook.
- Chinese Friendship Pencils: for crossword puzzles and other uncertain exercises.
- O-Check Koh-I-Nor Eraser Set: so pretty in the bag that I don’t think I’d be able to open it.
- Poppin Green Ruler: graphic + clean to make measuring fun. (Really impressed with the whole Poppin line.)
I think we need to start a new trend. January, instead of sales sales sales (and bleak weather), should rebrand as “Adult Back-To-School Month” (perhaps a different name, but you get the idea). Just when you’re ready to resolve away, you could first stock up with smart accessories. Who’s in?
image credits given at photo