My November favorites could double as a holiday gift guide, assuming you live by the “one for you; one for me” rule like I do:
- Virginia Johnson crewneck intarsia sweater swan: I love the graphic feel of this oversized swan. Bonus points that it’s knitted in a cozy grey cashmere/merino blend. The style reminds me of J.Crew’s darling crewcuts sweaters that I obsessed over a few years ago. (This is about as maximal as I get, fashion-wise. The fact that it’s from Virginia Johnson, illustrator extraordinaire, may have something to do with it.)
- Sugar Paper for Target kraft-polka dot 2014 planner: I am a Sugar Paper super fan, and it’s killing me that there are no Target stores in the UK so that I could properly ogle this collection in person. This planner is sold out at the Sugar Paper website, but if I were you, I’d head over to your local Target stat + scoop up what you can.
- Baileys Home Tea & Cake book: I spent an October Saturday perusing the rooms at Baileys Home & Garden store (make sure you mark out a day for a field trip when you visit London). To break up the shopping, our “tour group” of three stopped for lunch in Bailey’s darling Tin Tabernacle Tearoom, where I spotted this small book. Illustrated by Charlotte Farmer, the tiny booklet is focused on the perfect tea: sharing favorite types as well as a few recipes for sweets. As I’m besotted with the handwritten gift tags, menus, etc that pervade Baileys, it made the perfect souvenir.
- Blue Crow Media Specialty Coffee Maps: As a map fiend, I think there’s a lot to love about these new coffee maps, available for New York, London and Paris. Equal parts art and reference, I’d love to frame + hang the London version in my guest room, as finding a good coffee shop while travelling usually puts you in a neighborhood ripe for discovery.
- Studio Sarah cards + notebooks: Studio Sarah’s gold-foiled stripes and lettering are the perfect glitzy accent to what are otherwise minimalist designs. (Besides, who doesn’t need a cute To Do notebook?)
image credits: 1. courtesy of virginia johnson 2. courtesy of sugar paper 3. jane potrykus 4. courtesy of blue crow media 5. jane potrykus // layout and type by jane potrykus