Happy Santa Lucia Day! It’s the season of bittersweet for me, as I adopted this holiday when my buddy was a baby, and this is the last year he’ll be at home for the celebrations. A reminder that time churns along, and the best you can do is be present and enjoy the now. (Said with a touch of irony, as all we seem to be doing is anticipate, whether it’s college, or living, or yes, even Christmas, which has fallen to a distant third in this December’s stressors.)
So join me: stay present. Celebrate that the darkest time of year is upon us, because it means lighter, brighter days are ahead. Cheers to the season and may we all find the beauty amidst the madness.
A selection of my recent favorites:
- Shady characters.
- Winter window.
- Long weekends call for woodsy morning walks.
- get outside
- We like our tree tiny.
- More from today.
- Yesterday’s class at Castle in the Air with Lynn Dolan.
- Pretty #Christmas lights
- First clementines …
- “Christmas Time Is Here” // Vince Guaraldi Trio, A Charlie Brown Christmas
- “This Christmas” // Donny Hathaway, Donny Hathaway
- “Christmas Wrapping” // The Waitresses, Holidays in Dementia
- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” // Frank Sinatra, The Christmas Collection
- “Fairytale of New York” // Kirsty MacColl & The Pogues, If I Should Fall From Grace With God
- “Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing” // Sufjan Stevens, Sufjan Stevens: Songs for Christmas
- Sam Hamilton (the genius behind SF store MARCH) at Rip & Tan
- How to Choose a Business Card
- Ham4Ham (Lin-Manuel Miranda + the Hamilton cast)
- In Translation
- Your iPhone Is Ruining Your Posture — and Your Mood
- Entertaining Tips from Jane Larkworthy
photo at top: regent street, december 2015 by jane potrykus