The Row’s fall collection opened with a slew of chunky knits that, worn as complete looks, could see you through a Polar Vortex. However, break up the pieces and you have a plethora of cozy luxe options for next fall, whatever the weather. (The turtleneck in look 2, paired with jeans could chicly carry me through many a February day in London.) See the complete presentation at Style.com.
image credits: the row courtesy photos for style.com
Something about a LBD never fails to enchant. This daytime take, from À Moi, is an instant classic: the bodice seaming that ends in a nifty kick pleat is perfection. Want it. See the complete fall collection at WWD (subscription may be required).
image credit: sandy ramirez photo for wwd.com
Über elegant, perfectly simple with a touch of glamour at Tracy Reese: just how I like it. I can see wearing look 15, complete with sparkly shoes, all over town. See the complete collection at Style.com.
image credits: livio valerio/indigitalimages.com photos for style.com
Chic-simple cozy looks from ADEAM for fall. See the complete collection (including one that seems tailor made for my blog’s color palette) at Style.com.
image credits: monica feudi/feudiguaineri.com photos for style.com
Looking for some last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas for all the loves in your life? Check out my February picks, a plethora of reds, pinks, and of course, subtlety and sweetness:
- Baby Penguins Love Their Mama // Melissa Guion: this brand-new release is the perfect gift for a new mother: Melissa Guion’s illustrations enchant (see the excerpt below) and the sweet story about a mother’s love for her children rings true. (Melissa’s on book tour at the moment: catch her at a shop near you!)
- Pretty in Pink Roses // Flower Muse: I love bouquets comprised of a single flower, en masse. Flower Muse seems to take that notion and run with it. And while I love the “pretty in pink” bouquet shown here, I’m also besotted with their “pale pink garden roses”. If I were in the States, I’d be FedEx-ing myself a little floral love this year.
- Tailor’s Ribbon // Terrain: 100 yards of ribbon in the softest blush pink at a price that allows use with abandon. (it’s washable/reusable, too!)
- Bookmarc Recycled Pencil Set // Marc Jacobs: clever packaging for a smart set of red pencils.
- Tiny Hearts card // Yes Ma’am: a sweetly scattered hearts pattern in blind deboss and offset makes the perfect card for all of your valentines (and use throughout the year as a love note).
hasn’t every mother felt like this?
image credits: 1. courtesy of melissa guion 2. flowermuse.com 3. shopterrain.com 4. marcjacobs.com 5. yesma.am // layout and type by jane potrykus
book excerpts courtesy of melissa guion